The HawkaMaa-EU Research Grant program is designed to facilitate and foster rethinking of water systems for maximum efficiency, value extraction and social and environmental benefit amongst Future Water Leaders in Lebanon. The program promotes Research in Action in the water and environment sector in Lebanon and a total of 10 research grants (of 1,000 EUR each) will be awarded to bachelor and/or master students.
The research topics will be directly linked to the implementation of activities, engagement with stakeholders and policy recommendations discussed under the HawkaMaa-EU Consortium.
The research topics are hyperlinked below:
- Towards an improved integrated understanding of the threats on groundwater in karst water catchment: importance of monitoring water systems in decision making by Jana Basbous from AUB
- Assessing the effectiveness of phytoremediation and UV sterilization in the treatment of wastewater in informal settlements of Syrian refugees by Farid Malaeb from BAU
- Influence of water quality and service on water subscriptions and fee collection by Elie Moussallem from USJ
- Evaluation of the ecological quality of the Al-Ostuan River and statistical study of the socio economic status by Nader Nadda from LU
- Protection of Groundwater Resources in Karst at The Source: Application of GIS and Policies Aiming for Water Sustainability for Qachqouch Spring by Lynn Tfayli and Jihad Othman from BAU
- Lifecycle Assessment of Solar Pumping for Pumping Stations in Bekaa by Dana Bakkar and Rim Saad from BAU
- Storm Water networks code in Lebanon by Rana Sayed Ahmad and Houssein Swaydan from USEK
- Potentiality of treated wastewater in Bekaa region, Lebanon, for crop Irrigation by Kinda Yassine and Razan Sinno from BAU
- Predict the actual and future behaviour of the water network of Bazoun, North Lebanon by Dana Saab, Jawad El Khoury and Dany Chbib from USEK